Be Unreasonable

I go around the net a lot searching for inspiring ideas, blogs, stories...but I have recently been surprised by seeing the same old stuff over and over again, its somewhat reasonable to talk about a certain issue which is important to a certain group of people...but it also gets boring for readers out there.

This triggered something in me to try and take this from another angle as well.

You see, one of my favorite quotes comes from George Bernard Shaw who noted: "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." Please think about that idea. I suggest it's a big one.

Sure, be practical. I agree - it's important to use common sense (and talk about trending topics...its all common). True, foolish risks can lead to difficult consequences. But having said that, don't be so scared of failure and disappointment that you fail to dream. Don't always be so reasonable and practical and sensible that you refuse to seize glorious opportunities when they show up and push the envelope as to what's possible for you.

What does it have to do with blogging? well its only the surface image of people who are going with the flow rather than lead in their expertise areas and create value for people....the thoughts and words people say and share reflect their thoughts and set of mind patters...Let's push our thinking patterns even further and show the world around us how dreams, can become reality.

The world needs many more dreamers. Unreasonable souls who fight the urge to be ordinary. You can be one of them. Beginning today.

3 comments:

Dani. said...

You obviously haven't been reading my blog..I'm like, uuuuber inspiring..sheesh!

:) Excellent post, as usual..keep them coming..hope ur practicing your two step. !

Gaby said...

hahahaha...well u actually are!
I wanted to comment about the insecticide article you recently posted....you see, there is something very interesting in the outer angle you give to our country, which is very interesting! The Souk-el-Ahad post as well...I've never been down there...and you gave me the idea to propose something (I was a bit shy on that one) I love snapping pics...taking a certain area and shooting around pics and stuff...its such an interesting exercise...but you see my friends aren't into that at all....

I have an even more "exotic" idea...I'll keep that one for later....its amazing for someone who can really handle it! hehe

shamballa9944 said...

You make me smile Gabe :)