Where Does Your Focus Go?

What you're about to read was sent to my newsletter list. If you're not on the list and like to receive these exclusive emails (95% of which I don't share on my blog) please subscribe using the form on the right.

Have you ever thought of what you focus on the most during the day? Its quite interesting when you think about it.
I got you a cool experiment we can do RIGHT NOW and it only takes a sec.

ARE YOU UP TO IT? Its so easy...here we go:

Wherever you are at this moment just look around you, I want you to count (in your head) the number of blue objects you can see, any shade of blue.
Go ahead, try it, you'll understand what I'm saying in just a sec.

Now, assuming you did look around and counted the number of blue objects you saw, I got a simple question for you:
How many yellow objects did you see?

Not sure huh?
The principle here is simple. Whatever you focus on becomes more "evident" for you. Just like when you're aiming to buy a certain brand of car, its like at some point everybody in the world owns the same one!!

Now think of it, when you focus on a problem, or whatever challenge you're facing. With every minute of focus, this problem feeds on you and gains power, all your energy is directed towards making it a reality!

I ask you to focus on the things you want happening, make them happen inside your mind and let that thought feed on you, inside you and become a reality. Let it be the blue objects you just focused on. Its really that simple!

May the joy be with you!

2 comments:

JadK said...

Indeed, this is very true. Here's an experiment used to prove the point even nicer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahg6qcgoay4

The thing is that our brains are "uni-task machines", just like computers. Humans are very bad at multi-tasking, and the more you try to "train" your multi-tasking skills, it will only get worse. A computer simulates multi-tasking by switching between applications really fast, something that might be a bit more difficult for us humans to do (disregarding dual/quad core PCs of course)

Danielle said...

This post couldn't have come at a better time. Recently I've been dwelling on all of the things that I perceive are imperfect about my life and imperfect about myself...when I realize that is dangerous breeding ground for being unhappy! Thank you for reminding me to always focus on the positive/good things that I want to happen in my life.

Love this GG. Keep em coming.